7 Reasons to Chose a Certified Arborist
Homegrown tree specialists Arbor Man Tree Care have got your situation well kept any and every season. Just ask them. Their team are all ISA Certified Arborists focused on leadership and excellence in their industry.
Based in Edmonton, serving local and surrounding areas, founding expert Mike, his partner in skill, knowledge and care, Ken, and their group of 7 experienced ISA Certified Arborists bring answers and attention to any of your questions or concerns.
Here are some straightforward details about why you might choose an Arborist for tree healthcare:
- They’ve Got Skills
- Arboricultural operations require equipment and training that is often outside the scope of Landscape Architecture. Caring for sick trees and old trees correctly and following pruning standards are unique qualities of a trained Arborist.
- Becoming a Certified Arborist involves several years of experience and education as well as continued immersion in current best practices.
- Pruning is More Than a Haircut
- Proper tree pruning follows specific standards to maintain tree appearance, wellness, longevity and safety.
- If a tree is overgrown anywhere, its limbs can put damaging pressure on each other and cause structural damage. You want any excess weight removed to keep your tree strong, fresh and receptive to light and air flow so it has maximum potential for a long life and can better weather the seasons and storms.
- Any damaged or sick areas can grow and infect exponentially if not effectively pruned or removed.
- The trees on your property can pose a safety risk to you, your home and others if not expertly looked after.
- Storm preparation is invaluable with any area that experiences severe weather. An inspection for decay or weaknesses can help save your investment from snow, high winds, flooding or drought.
- Tree removal can be tricky, particularly if the tree has suffered from pest infestation, sickness or death. A large tree removal may be dangerous if not handled properly.
- A reputable Arborist will carry liability insurance to safeguard you, your home and them.
- New Trees
- Planting trees means considering more than where you would aesthetically like them to enhance your property. They must be spaced a certain distance apart or away from other things you might be growing and planted at a certain depth to flourish. Trees survive best if they are planted fairly shallowly in the right soil so they get enough nourishment from water, air and sun. They must be given preventative treatment to limit their risk of exposure to insects, disease and decay.
- An Arborist can be a useful tool if you already have improperly planted trees on your property that are unhealthy or posing a safety risk.
- Cabling and Bracing
- Trees close to homes, other buildings or people often require additional structural support for added security. These preservation measures can be an Arborist installing cables or bracing rods.
- As trees mature and inclement weather bears down on them, they can become unable to sustain the weight of their branches. This is where cabling or bracing rods come in to help even the weight distribution and lengthen their life.
- Cabling can be a great alternative to pruning a mature tree that might have drooping foliage affecting people and cars passing nearby.
- Lightning Protection
- Lightning storms are a standard in our prairie provinces and can cause concern for tree preservation, particularly large trees of a certain age.
- Lightning damage prevention installed by an Arborist involves copper cable conducting the lightning rather than the tree alone, reducing destructive affects of a hard hit. The energy from the lightning is then dispersed into the earth posing far less risk to the tree and less chance of the lightning charge jumping to an adjacent structure.
- An unprotected tree struck by lightning is often instantly killed or weakened so severely it must be professionally removed.
- If a tree struck by lightning maintains its structural integrity, it can survive with prescriptive treatments given by a Certified Arborist.
- Just like their owners, trees need a visit from the doctor if they are looking a little worse for wear.
- Abnormalities in colour, texture and leaf formation can indicate the presence of a pathogen causing disease that must be treated to prevent spreading and loss.
- Insect infestation can be immediately noticeable with wilting, drooping or holes from boring. Insects that bring destructive qualities to your garden are literally capable of sucking the life out of your trees. Insect attack is preventable with an experienced Arborist and damaged trees can be salvaged with a keen tool belt of expertise.
- Do not let a small problem become an insurmountable epidemic.
Your home is an investment with several layers of care and caution because of the monetary and emotional value it holds. The beautification, air quality and energy efficiency enhancements you give it with trees is worth the attention it deserves and the increased property value.
Trees are living, breathing, complex creatures just like us. They require experienced, professional looking after to be strong, live long and stay safe for your property and those around you.
The Arbor Man Tree Care experts are Edmonton weathered so you can trust your trees to their well trained doctoring and know your assets will be groomed to grow and appreciate.